My favorite part about our book club is that the group continues to be diverse bringing a fantastic mix of opinions and knowledge to each meeting. Well, we all do have one thing in common...our passion for reading. Actually, there are two things as I cannot leave out our love for wine!
FAVORITE QUOTE of the Meeting: "It's not shallow it's eclectic" (CC)
For January, we decided to start the year off with everyone getting to select their own book for the month to read. And speaking of diversity, we had everything covered in this group - Young Adult, Bestselling Fiction, Comedy, Romance, Christian Fiction, and Biographies.
Here is a list of what everyone read and what they thought about the book. If there isn't at least one book on here that you can relate to or find to enjoy, then you might be (dare I say) on the wrong blog. As I said, I think we have every potential subject covered. Or at least the important ones. Great job ladies!
- Extraordinary, Ordinary People: A Memoir of Family by Condoleezza Rice - "Literally gave me chills!"
- Someday by Karen Kingsbury - "Cried all the way through this one!"
- Jane by April Lindner - Remake of Jane Eyre for the teen audience.
- Matched by Ally Condie - Follows the Young Adult "formula" (I am hooked & bought it myself to read)
- The Strain by Guillermo del Toro
- Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - "Suspenseful"
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin - "All time FAVORITE author." Good read.
- The Reef by Nora Roberts
- The Bride Quartet Series by Nora Roberts
- The Confession by John Grisham - "Last third of the book kept me on edge."
- Straight Talk, No Chaser by Steve Harvey - A great follow up to the first book.
- Room by Emma Donghue - "Not worth all of the hype."
- Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler - "Funny" It is Chelsea after all!
- Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia de Rossi - "Graphic, detailed, and eye-opening"
- Helen of Pasedena by Lian Dolan - A thumbs down...
- Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick - "Really good. A smutty Little House on the Prairie."
- Dirty Secret: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding by Jessie Sholl
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Did not find this as good as the first two.