Just when you thought you were caught up with having purchased all (or in my case all but two) of the 13 Classic Editions by Penguin Classics, they release seven new ones. Who is complaining. We love these hardback covers designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. I have mine out on display, and I get so many compliments. My favorites are the ones from people who consider flipping through US Weekly Magazine skimming the captions as getting caught up on their reading. Is it possible these designer covers will turn magazine picture readers into a reader of actual words...or even literature?! Well, maybe not. But definitely a start.
You may go online at http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/classics/hardcoverclassics/index.html
Or online at borders.com. Borders carries them in their stores as well as online.
I have also found some on amazon.com.
The new Classics released are:
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Hound of Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Sonnets and A Lover's Complaint by William Shakespeare
- The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri
- A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings by Charles Dickens